Dr. Warren Gasper is the Chief of Vascular Surgery at the San Francisco VA, an assistant professor of vascular surgery at UCSF, and the president of the Northern California Vascular Society. He did his general surgery residency and vascular surgery fellowship at UCSF. He is the principal investigator in multiple NIH-funded clinical trials studying interventions for PAD, broadening the application of MRA imaging in vascular surgery, and treatment of para-visceral and thoracic aortic aneurysms with fenestrated endografts.
Dr. Ahmed Shalabi (Ahmed.Shalabi@ucsf.edu, LinkedIn) is the Chief of Vascular Anesthesia at UCSF, where he is an associate professor of anesthesia and perioperative care. He did his residency in anesthesia at the Alexandria University Hospital in Egypt and has pursued advanced training in pediatric anesthesia at the University of Lille in France, in transplantation anesthesia at UCSF, and in transesophageal echocardiography at UCLA. He discovered his passion for doing anesthesia for complex open and endovascular cases and is a member of the Center for Aortic Excellence at UCSF, where he has developed a Vascular Anesthesia Quality Improvement Database.
Dr. Leigh Ann O'Banion (firstname.lastname@example.org) is an assistant professor of Vascular Surgery at UCSF Fresno, where she also completed her general surgery residency. She did her fellowship in vascular surgery at UCSF, graduated in 2017 and then returned to UCSF Fresno as an attending. She has a busy clinical practice with a focus on mentoring the next generation of vascular trainees. She is currently enrolling patients in a prospective study focused on improving the multidisciplinary system of care for patients who undergo amputations.
- Anesthesia in acute aortic syndrome:
- Outcomes for EVAR under sedation / local:
- Observations from the IMPROVE trial concerning the clinical care of patients with ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm. IMPROVE trial investigators. British Journal of Surgery. 101(3): 216-224. 2014
- Decreased mortality with local versus general anesthesia in endovascular aneurysm repair for ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm in the Vascular Quality Initiative database. Faizer R et al. Journal of Vascular Surgery. S0741-5214(18)32551-5. 2019
- Local anesthesia for percutaneous endovascular abdominal aneurysm repair is associated with fewer pulmonary complications. Van Orden K et. al. Journal of Vascular Surgery. 68(4) 1023-1029. 2018
- Type of Anesthesia for Endovascular Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Repair. Armstrong RA et. al. Journal of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia. 33: 462-471. 2019
- Outcomes after Angiography with Sodium Bicarbonate and Acetylcysteine. Weisbord SD et. al. New England Journal of Medicine. 378(7): 603-614. 2018
- Mannitol for the Prevention of Peri-Operative Acute Kidney Injury: Systematic Review. Waskowski J et. al. European Journal of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery. In press. 2019
- Spinal cord protection guidelines for thoracic aortic work:
- 2010 ACCF/AHA/AATS/ACR/ASA/SCA/SCAI/SIR/STS/SVM Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Management of Patients With Thoracic Aortic Disease. Hiratzka LF et. al. Circulation. 121(13): e266-369. 2010
- Contemporary spinal cord protection during thoracic and thoracoabdominal aortic surgery and endovascular aortic repair: a position paper of the vascular domain of the European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery. Etz CD et. al. European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery. 47: 943-957. 2015
- Perioperative coronary artery revascularization and antiplatelet bridging:
- Coronary-Artery Revascularization before Elective Major Vascular Surgery. McFalls EO et. al. New England Journal of Medicine. 351(27) 2795-804. 2004
- Bridging antiplatelet therapy with cangrelor in patients with recent intracranial stenting undergoing invasive procedures: a prospective case series. Godier A. British Journal of Anaesthesia. In press. 2019
- Rapid ventricular pacing for aortic arch work: