Mr. Mohamed Barkat and Mr. Nick Greaves discuss what trainees should know about the evaluation and management of thoracoabdominal aneurysms with Mr. Michael Jenkins.
Mr. Michael Jenkins MD FRCS qualified in 1989 and trained in surgery at Charing Cross, University College London, the Royal Brompton and Royal Free hospitals and was awarded the Gold medal at FRCS. He was appointed as a consultant vascular surgeon at St Mary’s Hospital, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust and Chelsea and Westminster hospitals in 2001. Mr. Jenkins was the Director of AAA screening in Northwest London from 2011-2018. He is currently President of the Vascular Society of Great Britain and Ireland, and was chair of the Circulation Foundation 2016-18 and a past President of the British Society of Endovascular Therapy. He was the Director of the Major Trauma Centre at St Mary’s Hospital, 2010-16
He developed both a local and a national tertiary referral practice for thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysm and dissection.
- Crawford Classification
- ESVS recommendation of management of Thoracic aortic pathologies
- Open Repair of Thoracoabdominal Aortic Aneurysm: Step-by-Step
- Yale Vascular Review Podcast Episode 1: Thoracoabdominal Aneurysms
- Mr. Mohamed Barkat (@mo_barkat) is a vascular trainee in Northwest of England and is the Vascular Society Affiliate representative for the Rouleaux Club
- Mr. Nick Greaves is a consultant Vascular Surgeon at Manchester Royal Infirmary with a specialist interest in open aortic surgery.
Authors: Rachael Forsythe, Mohamed Barkat
Editors: Sharif Ellozy, Leanna Erete