Michel S. Makaroun, MD is a professor of surgery and the chair of vascular surgery at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. He is the current president of the Society for Vascular Surgery and has been the president of almost every major vascular surgery organization, including the WFVS, SCVS, Eastern Vascular Society and the APDVS. He received his medical training at the American University in Beirut and completed his vascular surgery training at the University of Pittsburgh. He is an expert in the endovascular repair of aortic and carotid disease.
SVS Vascular Annual Meeting 2019:
- Programming for vascular residents and fellows
- Programming for medical students and general surgery residents
Vascular Surgery Workforce:
Benefits of SVS membership:
- SVS Member Benefits
- SVS Patient Safety Organization - VQI
- Getting involved: SVS Councils and Committees
Branding Campaign for Vascular Surgery:
- SVS: Branding Your Practice to Referring Physicians
- Branding vascular surgery should start with Why. Manish Mehta. Journal of Vascular Surgery. 69(5): 1333-1341. May 2019.
- Vascular surgery is the best-kept secret in medicine and my thoughts on how we can change that. Alan M. Dietzek. Journal of Vascular Surgery. 69(1): 5-14. January 2019.