Directly from the Vascular Annual Meeting in 2021 in San Diego, here’s a taste of some of the great things that are happening at this year’s VAM. Hear perspectives from some first-time VAM attendees, as well as speakers, moderators, and other leaders in the field. In this episode, we hear from Dr. Donald Baril, who moderated one of the most popular Wednesday afternoon sessions titled “Positioning Vascular Surgeons for Success as Community Leaders in Vascular Disease.” We also hear from the chair of the SVS Public and Professional Outreach (PPO) committee, Dr. Benjamin Pearce. We talk about the re-launch of the SVS Branding Toolkit, complete with a contest to win a years’ worth of SVS membership dues!
- Dr. Donald Baril (@DonaldBaril) is an associate professor of surgery at the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, California. He completed medical school at the Ohio State University, general surgery residency at the Mount Sinai school of medicine, and vascular surgery fellowship at the University of Pittsburgh.
- Dr. Benjamin Pearce (@hawkeyebjp) is the William D. Jordan, Jr. Endowed Professor in Vascular Surgery and Endovascular Therapy at the University of Alabama in Birmingham. He completed medical school at the University of Texas, general surgery residency at the University of Chicago, and vascular surgery fellowship at the University of Alabama in Birmingham. He is the director of both their integrated residency and traditional fellowship.
- SVS Valuation Resources: https://vascular.org/career-tools-training/branding-valuation/valuation
- Sg2 Report on the Value of Vascular Surgery:https://vascular.org/sites/default/files/SVS_value_vascular_surgery_CS_v1.2.pdf
- Report from the SVS Vascular Surgery Valuation Work Group:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvs.2020.05.056
- SVS Branding Toolkit Contest:
- Login to the SVS Branding toolkit (https://vascular.org/career-tools-training/branding-valuation) to customize a flier for your practice and download it. Email your customized file to email@example.com to be entered in a drawing for free membership dues for 2022!
- Use the materials in the toolkit to promote the vascular specialty and your practice.
- Complete the questionnaire (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SVSBrandingContest) for a chance to win free registration to VAM 2022 or a $250 social media campaign in your local area run by SVS staff (your choice!). Prizes will be given for the most creative use of the branding toolkit and most effective use of the branding toolkit.
- Dr. Matt Chia (@chia_md) is in his 6th year in the integrated vascular surgery program at Northwestern University. He obtained his medical degree from the University of Illinois College of Medicine, and also holds a Master’s in Health Services and Outcomes Research at Northwestern.