Adam, Robin, and Dr. Forbes sit down with Drs Lawrence, Nelson, and Eldrep-Jorgensen to discuss the Society for Vascular Surgery Foundation and introduce one of its newest initiatives, the VISTA program.
- Peter Lawrence, MD is Wiley Barker Professor and Chief of the Division of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery at UCLA and senior editor of the Journal of Vascular Surgery. He joins us today in his role as the Chair of the SVS Foundation.
- Peter Nelson, MD (@prn19) is the Professor and Chief of Vascular Surgery, Mary Louise Todd Chair in Cardiovascular Research, OU College of Medicine, and Chair of the Foundation Development Committee of the SVS Foundation.
- Jens Eldrup-Jorgensen, MD is a professor of surgery at Tufts University and Maine Medical Center and medical director for the Society of Vascular Surgery for the Vascular Quality Initiative. He is the innovative force behind the development of the Vascular Volunteers Improve Service to All Program, also known as VISTA.
- SVS Foundation
- SVS Foundation 2020 Annual Report
- Vascular Volunteers Improve Service to All (VISTA) Program
- Thomas Forbes, MD (@TL_forbes) is a professor of surgery and RJ Elliot Chair and Division Head of Vascular Surgery at the University of Toronto and was our 4th guest on the podcast and has been a major supporter of our work and will be joining our team more regularly.
- Robin Osofsky, MD (@OsofskyRobin) s a general surgery resident at University of New Mexico who is interested in applying for vascular surgery.
Follow us @audiblebleeding
Learn more about us at https://www.audiblebleeding.com/about-1/ and #jointheconversation.